Dobrich Local Agency for Energy Management (DLAEM)
is a voluntary organization, registered in 2005 as in accordance with the Bulgarian Act on Non-for-profit Juridical Persons.
The activities of the DLAEM cover the territory of Dobrich municipality in the Northeast Planning Region of Bulgaria.
DLAEM activities are aimed at:
- Energy planning and programming at local and regional level
- Sectoral and horizontal initiatives to stimulate efficient use of energy saving technologies and renewable energy
- Development and implementation of projects for energy efficiency and using alternative energy sources in the municipality of Dobrich
- Co-operation and joint initiatives with partners from Bulgaria and abroad
- Preservation and restoration of the environment within the Bulgarian Black Sea municipalities
DLAEM has been established in the frame of the project “Creation of new Energy Management agencies in the Loire County – France, the Warmland Region – Sweden, and the Pomurje Region – Slovenia, Dobrich Municipality and Burgas region” (2004-2007), financed within the Energy Intelligent – Europe Programme of the European Commission /Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovations.